Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Google AdNoSense

An interesting issue with Google Adsense has been raised on a forum I frequently use. Having had Google Adsense running for several months, the owner has been told it has been disabled due to invalid clicks...

Fair enough, you may think, but crucially:

"We will not receive any income accumulated over the last month, instantly creating a funding void. We have no idea why they have disabled the account, we have never encouraged clicking on adverts, nor have we clicked on the links to gain income. "

And the appeal procedure is a single email to Google, with a response within 24 hours, only if the appeal is successful. If not, presumably it goes into the Googlebin...


Something to bear in mind if you're implementing Google ads, particularly on a large scale. It would be interesting to see exactly how many ads you would need to serve daily to gain access to any kind of negotiation...

2 comments:

  1. This is an issue for small users - I see it raised all the time on google's own adsense forum.

    If you're serious about adsense and a relatively serious player it's essential you develop human relationships with real people at google.

    This is not as difficult as it may appear. I have personal contacts with adsense's top man in the UK, for example. He even makes template suggestions for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The same thing happened to me and no response yet - of course. But I gotta blame myself because people have warned me before I signed up. I used to think this couldn't happen to me though as I was gonna follow all rules...

    ReplyDelete

FasterFuture.blogspot.com

The rate of change is so rapid it's difficult for one person to keep up to speed. Let's pool our thoughts, share our reactions and, who knows, even reach some shared conclusions worth arriving at?